Sunday, December 16, 2012

Papers, papers, papers


I'm with you in Rockland
     where you're madder than I am
I'm with you in Rockland
     where you must feel very strange
I'm with you in Rockland
     where you're having as much trouble writing papers as I am
I'm with you in Rockland
     where I need a glass of wine
I'm with you in Rockland
     where I settle for some yogurt and granola instead
I'm with you in Rockland
     where I'll have to stay until I write 6-8 pages about our chumminess together in Rockland
I'm with you in Rockland
     where DON'T YOU FEEL ALL THIS COMRADESHIP WALT WHITMAN WOULD BE SO
     PROUD
I'm with you in Rockland
     where I give up on this paper and move on to an analysis of moral instruction in Wycherley's The
     Country Wife instead.
I'm with you in freaking Rockland
     where I realize that there is no moral instruction in The Country Wife and move back to Rockland
I'm with you in Rockland
     where I'm not getting up from this computer again until I'm done one of these papers
I'm with you in Rockland
     where I'm Facebooking about my despair instead of writing
I'm with you in Rockland
     where I'm wondering, is Rockland still around? What kind of a place is it? Must Wikipedia it for
     "research"...
I'm with you in Rockland
     where NO DAMN IT NO WIKIPEDIA RESEARCH JUST WRITE YOUR PAPER
I'm with you in Rockland
     where I'm grumbling and finding the dark chocolate hidden in the cupboard
I'm with you in Rockland
     where I feel like I'll be until the sands of time have worn away every last stone in Rockland, let
     alone me and this damn paper and the professor I'm writing it for

Soooooo...as you can see, finals week is going well.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment