Saturday, September 27, 2014

Not even exaggerating

Hey there.


If you're reading this, whether welcome stranger or dear friend (or enemy, hell if I know), I know you're probably wondering about my life (back) in Germany--is it different from last time? How's teaching going? Have I met anyone yet? And the truth is, yes, it's very different from last time, and for that reason and many others, I don't quite know how to talk about it yet.


I've been here for almost one month, but it feels like an eternity already. I have nine more to go, the same amount of months it would take to have a baby. For some reason, this comparison keeps crossing my mind. But instead of growing a baby, I'll be growing my cultural and teaching skills, hopefully holding by the end not an infant, but a greater sense of self. Ideally, to Fulbright, I'll be developing a genuine, interpersonal relationship between two nations. That all sounds a little grandiose for me to comprehend right now. I'm trying to just take it, as the old adage goes, one day at a time. Which is both relieving and overwhelming, when I think of how many more days there are to focus on individually.


Don't get me wrong, there's a lot to say. Right now, though, it's all a perilous game of Jenga inside my head, and I have no idea which block to pull out first. So I offer you some pictures taken on my walks/runs around my current town, taken in the late afternoons of the past month, as the summer slipped away.


Forgive me for holding back on the writing; hopefully in the coming days and weeks, with some changes and a new routine, I'll be more forthcoming about my journey. For now, thanks for stopping by--it means so much to me that you care. And I'm not even exaggerating.

No comments:

Post a Comment