Saturday, September 10, 2011

For the technologically challenged (and, an annoucement!)

I've had some questions about how exactly the blog works, and I'd like to clear up a few in this post. For those people of my generation, bear with me.

1. Accessing the blog: You know the link, either on my Facebook or that my mom sent you via email? Click it. That really is all you have to do. If you have the web address, all you have to do is type it in, and voila! Of course, since you're already here, I'm assuming you know that...

2. Commenting: My aunt was kind enough to email me yesterday and let me know that commenting was restricted to those with Google accounts. This is now changed: You do not have to have a Google account now to comment! Rejoice!

I'd prefer if you commented in two ways: 1) List yourself as anonymous and sign the bottom of the post, or 2) List yourself with a name (you do not have to add a URL; that is optional). That way I know who you are! See previous post for a prime example. Of course, if you want to write something morally questionable or completely out of character for you, feel free to leave it as anonymous. Perhaps I'd rather not know it's you, especially if you're a family member. "Aunt Caroline said I should try to score some coke, it's the best in Europe!" In that case, fictional Aunt Caroline, you can just not list your name.

3. Pictures: If you haven't already realized this, you can click on the pictures to make them bigger. Simply click the back button to return to the blog. I'm thinking about setting up a Flickr account so you can see all my pictures. Let me know what you think?

Capeachy? Let me know if you have any more questions. (See #2 above.)

Finally, my announcement: I'm going to the opera on Sunday! It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see Wagner's Ring Cycle (and it has to be once-in-a-lifetime; at 66 Euros, I cannot do that again. I can hear my parents fainting in the background). Die Walküre is sure to be wonderful. Be jealous, my musical friends. I'll let you know all about it.

I have no clue what I'll be doing today, aside from meeting my friend Katie for lunch. I see hazy plans for perhaps a trip to the farmer's market or a bike ride around the main part of the city. In any case, I leave you with the main theme from Die Walküre (you all know it). Happy Saturday everyone! (Or, as they say here, schönes Wochenende!)

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're having fun so far! PS- I don't know if Mennonite in a Little Black Dress is what you're still reading, but I read that last summer!

    ReplyDelete